The Card Book

My daughter just had her first birthday in February. What do you do with all those cards (and I'm thinking all the ones I got when she was born)? I just can't toss them. I didn't really want to put them in a scrapbook, so I bounded them all together into a book. It's perfect and so cute to flip through. I used a clear plastic page for the cover and thick chipboard for the back. I also added some cute chipboard pieces that I also bound into the book. Have you used the Zutter yet? I was introduced to it when it first came out and didn't see a huge need to add it to my collection of tools, but once I got the idea to make card books, I was sold. It's very easy to use. This was my first project and I had a little bit of a learning curve figuring out how to layout the book and find the right size cover.

I chose to stagger my cards up and down the spine, giving it a layered effect.  The size of my book is 6"x12".  I added tabs to any cards that open vertically or fold so that you can still open them as intended.  Happy Card-Book making! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Chicago, IL
I'm a SAHM with 3 small children, wanting to start documenting our fun memories in this blog.